The birthplace of the H135 and H145 made it's way to flightsim.to (again) - Airbus Helicopters in Donauwoerth/Germany.
I know there was another version of this around here on this site but as you all probably know the author decided to take it down.
I wanted to fly there myself again though and so I thought why not create it yourself?
And voila, so there we are. Countless hours (more than 50 at least) have gone into watching videos and pictures for reference, the actual creating of the scenery and testing.
I think apart from Helipads in northern bavaria this is my most ambitious project so far.
So what can you expect?
- - A detailed MSFS 2020 represantation of the Airbus Helicopters facilities in Donauwörth with a lot of stuff going on on the apron, like lots of helicopters (who would've thought) and workers that work on them.
- - Most of the most noticeable buildings have been recreated using parts of Helipack X (which I am allowed to use for MSFS2020) as well as some in-sim buildings. Even stuff like the rotor test stand south of the runway has been recreated (in a very simple way to be fair though).
- - Working frequency for tower: "Airbus Information" on 122.055Mhz
- - Detailed lighting of the complete facility
- - and much more.
- - You have several spots to choose to spawn from. Many on the actual apron for cold-and-dark and 2 runway starts for engines already running.
In all honesty: Just try it. I think you'll like it. I hope so anyway.
In order to make everything show up you'll need A LOT of additional stuff:
For the static helicopters to show up you also need:
If you have purchased the awesome H145 by Hype Performance Group you will also need to download this:
Also the Germany/Austria/Switzerland World Update has to be installed.
I know it might look like a lot that has to be downloaded additionally at first glance. But many of those assets are being used by dozens of other sceneries as well, so a lot of this stuff probably already remains inside your community folder anyway.
You don't essentially need to download all the liveries for the helicopters but keep in mind that the apron is less crowded then and it really doesn't look as good otherwise.
Knowing that the H145 is payware and therefore not as many people will get to see it as the freeware H135 I decided to put only a few H145 there and more H135 instead. So people that didn't buy the H145 have a good chance of enjoying my scenery no matter what. Would've been a bit unfair to put stuff in my freeware scenery only people that bought something would really enjoy.
Open the downloaded file and place the "chrispiaviation_donauwoerth" folder inside the community folder.