Here are options for a set of 20 or 70 cloudscapes with a spread of properties to provide beautiful and realistic environments for your flights.
The Epic Clouds are not dynamic and they do not interpret live weather although this is something I would like to do when it becomes possible. You might then be wondering what to expect, as sinful_regal did:
"This mod is amazing. I highly suggest you download it. You will never go back to microsofts crap defaults again. Floyd's clouds are integral to simming guys and girls. I didn't know what to think, but after using it for the first time, it is well worth all the great reviews."
- The clouds have interdependent weather properties, including cloud cover, temperature, pressure, snow and wind speed.
- Winds Aloft is included on each cloudscape, the prevailing wind direction is based on the climactic zone of the cloudscape and will affect your flight time at altitude.
- Special Environments have been provided
- Thermals for gliders
- Directional winds for balloons
- ...find out more here
- User Requests are included
- Including the DCS style 'Double Cloud Stack' preset
- Turbulence (gusting winds preset)
- Persistent rain
- The name includes cloud cover and temperature information using a choice of Fahrenheit or Celcius scales and two sort orders, just choose the installation that suits your preference.
- Two sort orders and two temperature scales available so you can view the list in 'cloud cover' order or 'name' order. Both options are have Centigrade and Fahrenheit variants.
- For more information check this User Guide
Do They Work With Live Weather?
- I would like to provide dynamic and live clouds, but Microsoft hasn't provided an official means to control the clouds by 3rd parties. I will look into it, but I don't want to make something that could potentially fall apart after each Microsoft update.
- See also: Frequently Asked Questions
- User Guide
- User Guide for the Special Weathers
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Increase FPS
You Might Also Like...
- Casual glider pilots might want to the the Alpine Odyssey! Check out the trailer introduced by David Attenborough, although to be fair he doesn't know it due to the wonders of AI. Thanks David (what a guy). The mod contains some convenient wind presets for ridge riding in all 4 compass directions and a choice of speeds.