Six Flags Magic Mountain (known from 1971 to 1979 as just Magic Mountain) is a 262-acre theme park located in Valencia, CA, about 35 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. Originally built by the Newhall Land and Farming Company and opened in 1971, the park now boasts the world's largest collection of roller coasters, with 20; the most recent, Wonder Woman Flight of Courage, opened in Summer 2022. A major area landmark, particularly for those driving into the Los Angeles metro area from the north via I-5, the park celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2021.
- Full replacement of the default photogrammetry for Six Flags Magic Mountain (and adjacent Hurricane Harbor waterpark) with a combination of fully handmade 3D models (all roller coasters and large rides, many buildings) and cleaned up Google 3D photogrammetry-derived models (other buildings and structures). My hand models are created from a wide variety of 3D, aerial, photo, and video reference sources.
- LOD models for the heavier placements, reducing performance impact.
- Accurate customized night lighting, including aircraft warning beacons, lift hill lights, path lighting, etc. Ride lighting is generally placed in Blender with the models, while area lights and path lights are MSFS-native.
- Extensively hand-adjusted vegetation (optimized for Bijan Habashi's Four Seasons Pack, but compatible with default vegetation as well)
- Terraforming and water exclusion as needed, including uncovering the dry riverbed that runs past the park.
- The park is presented more or less in its present state as of mid-2022. I intend to continue updating this scenery to add and remove rides along with the park, make paint scheme updates, etc., along with modeling improvements and the like as time allows.
New in Update 1.1
- Added hand-modeled Wonder Woman roller coaster
- Improved hand-models for West Coast Racers and Crazanity
- Replaced Google-derived models with hand models in area adjacent Wonder Woman roller coaster
- Changed color scheme of Tatsu to reflect 2022 repaint
- Miscellaneous adjustments to material properties and LOD settings for various models.
NOTE: Because of the current limitations of the sim in photogrammetry areas, it's not possible to override the aerial imagery, so there are some inevitable mismatches where rides or buildings have been added/removed since Bing captured their imagery in the area, or where a color scheme has changed.
- Download the ZIP file and extract the "whitearcades-sixflagsmagicmountain" folder to your Community folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community
For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
Other Scenery By Me
(all available on flightsim.to)
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags Over Texas
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Globe Life Field (new Texas Rangers ballpark)
Golden Gate Bridge night lighting enhancements
San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge night lighting enhancements
San Mateo Bridge
Richmond-San Rafael Bridge