This mod applies exclusion polygons to areas covered in water in order to uncover them. It also removes erroneously placed trees around water areas. No scenery objects were added.
This mod fixes the following issues to the default scenery located in San Diego County, California, USA. I do not use other freeware or payware in the area, so I don't know if this conflicts with other third party mods.
New install notes starting with V1.6.
- Begin by removing any previous SDWaterFix* Folders from your community folder (including "sdwaterfix", "sdwaterfixoptional", and "sdwaterfixmarinas").
- For those with default scenery only – place the "sdwaterfix” folder into your Community Folder.
- If you have LatinVFR KSAN, place the "sdwaterfix” folder into your Community Folder, and then remove the following subfolder from the "sdwaterfix" folder - "____\Community\sdwaterfix\scenery\SDWaterFixOptional-mycompany"
V1.7 Release Notes:
World Update XIII compatible, as functionality of Water Fixes was broken in SU12
V1.6 Release Notes:
- Updated to match up with World Update X scenery changes
- Merged previous files into a single folder, see new install notes.
- Cleaned up many lines to make water exclusions not so aggressive
- Removed excess trees around Old Town, SD Zoo (there are still too many there), 5Fwy and some of the major streets around Gaslamp
- Note: World Update X has entirely new satellite imagery/photogrammetry. This means the image for Petco park was taken at a time when the baseball field was converted for Monster Jam/Supercross. I can't fix this, sorry Padres.
V1.0 Release Notes:
- Fixes issues of various roads and bridges appearing underwater along various rivers and bays.
- Restores visibility of boats, ships, piers, and boat docks along the San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, Oceanside
- Restores visibility of Ellen Browning Scripps Memorial Pier, Imperial Beach Pier
- Restores visibility of jetties near Imperial Beach
- Removes some incorrectly rendered water that is not actually present in real life.
- Removes incorrectly rendered trees among various piers, boats, docks.
V1.1 Release Notes:
- Now a modular installation, where certain water exclusions were made optional around the West Basin, East Basin, The Embarcadero/Coast Guard, USS Midway, Embarcadero Marina. This was done to avoid overlap with LatinVFR.
- Uncovered more random docks/boats around Navy Yacht Club, Coronado
- Removed random trees growing out of ships and cargo
- Uncovered Crystal Pier, Oceanside Pier
V1.2 Release Notes:
- Renamed modellib.bgl and scenery folders to help prevent conflicts
- Uncovered Ocean Beach Pier
- Updated shorelines for San Dieguito Lagoon, Baquitos Lagoon, Agua Hedionda, Buena Vista Lagoon
- Cleaned up lines in Oceanside, San Diego Bay, and La Playa
V1.3 Release Notes:
- Made SDWaterFixMarinas an optional installation, to avoid overlap with scenery from other developers done at marinas.
V1.4 Release Notes:
- Fixed SDWaterFixMarinas so that boats appear at Embarcadero
- Increased visibility of rock formations along the shoreline (from Sunset Cliffs down to Point Loma), and added some pop to the surf/whitewash
- Extended the shoreline at Coronado beach
- Unhid some jetties (Ocean Beach), and removed random generated water
- Removed excess vegetation around the shorelines
V1.5 Release Notes:
- Removed excess water from Sweetwater River and National Wildlife Refuge
Please see my total list of scenery mods below by region:
Water fix – Orange County, California, USA (ocwaterfix)
Water fix – Los Angeles County, California, USA (lawaterfix)
Water fix – San Diego County, California, USA (sdwaterfix)
Water fix – Ventura County, California, USA (vcwaterfix)
Water fix – Santa Barbara County, California, USA (sbwaterfix)
Water fix – Santa Cruz County, California, USA (scwaterfix)
Water fix – Monterey County, California, USA (mocwaterfix)
Water fix – San Francisco County, California, USA (sfwaterfix)
Water fix – San Mateo County, California, USA (smwaterfix)
Water fix – Alameda County, California, USA (acwaterfix)
Water fix - Marin County, Sonoma County, Napa County, California, USA (mcwaterfix)
Water fix - Portland, Oregon, USA (portorwaterfix)
Water fix - Seattle, Washington, USA (seawawaterfix)
Water fix – Louisville, Kentucky, USA (loukywaterfix)
Water fix – Suffolk County, Massachusetts, USA (sufcmawaterfix)
Water fix – New York City, New York, USA (nycnywaterfix)
Water fix – Atlantic County and Cape May County, New Jersey, USA (atlcnjwaterfix)
Water fix – Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, USA (phcpawaterfix)
Water fix – Baltimore County, Maryland, USA (baltcmdwaterfix)
District of Columbia:
Water fix – Washington D.C., USA (washdcwaterfix)
Water fix - Norfolk, Virginia, USA (norfvawaterfix)
Water fix - Charleston, South Carolina (chscwaterfix)
Water fix – Florida Keys, Florida, USA (keysflwaterfix)
Water fix – Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA (miadcflwaterfix)
Water fix - Tampa/Hillsborough County, Florida, USA (tampflwaterfix)
Water fix - Fort Myers, Florida, USA (fortmflwaterfix)