!! GET A COPY OF THIS SCENERY WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE GOT FRIENDS WILGA !!
Emerald Scenery Design has partnered with Got Friends to bring you this rendition of Forwood Farm! This is a stand-alone version for those who may be interested in the scenery, but not the Got Friends Wilga. However, for those interested in the Wilga, this scenery is bundled with every purchase!
WELCOME TO FORWOOD FARM!
Forwood Farm (EGH2) is a quiet farm airstrip in the countryside of East Retford in the UK. The airstrip is a popular Caravanner location with miles of trails to explore and is also home to towplanes.uk which operates the PZL Wilga 35A G-BUNC offering towing services from banners to gliders around the UK.
This scenery has been created in partnership with Got Friends who traveled to Forwood Farm to record sounds from G-BUNC for their Wilga addon. Mykrode and 270inc played a huge role in the modeling and texturing of assets for this project.
Forwood Farm has been brought to life in incredible detail, using nearly all custom libraries which have been directly integrated into the package, requiring no dependencies. This is a rarity of Emerald Scenery Design addons and will not become the norm, but due to the collaborative nature of this package, and the fact that it has also been bundled with the Got Friends Wilga, it needed to be stand-alone!
- 30cm/px custom ground textures.
Corrected and color-matched to the surrounding terrain.
- 1m/px hand-corrected Digital Elevation Model.
- Nearly 100 custom objects and buildings.
Up to 4k resolution PBR textures.
- Custom vegetation.
Including 3D Trees, 3D garden shrubs, vines, flowers & groundcover.
- Animated Hangar door.
- Includes the nearby Solar Field.
Fully compatible with Mamudesign's freeware Powerlines and Solar Farms addon (PC Only)!
Forwood Farm contains features that are only visible if certain conditions are met.
- Windsocks - Do whatever it is that windsocks do when you are not looking.
- Rain Puddles - Puddles are only visible while it is raining or when rain is reported in the area.
- UK-native Butterflies - Butterflies are only visible during their most common times of year.
- Animated Horses - Horses are visible and audible until the ambient temperature reaches 0C / 32F.
- Chimney Smoke VFX - Chimney smoke is only visible once temperatures fall to 10C / 50F or less.
- WWISE sounds! - Horses: see above! Bees can be heard buzzing around the bee hives until temperatures reach 13C / 55F or below.
The included "esd-airport-egh2-forwood-farm" folder should be placed into your MSFS "Packages\Community" folder. The scenery will load the next time you start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Need help locating your community folder? Check out this flightsim.to article.
- Hangar Door is closed on Reload
If you reload your flight while inside of the Hangar, the Hangar Door will be closed and can only be opened by slewing outside of the trigger area and back in. We are actively looking for a solution to this.
- Hangar Door Animation Snapping
When slewing in and out of or transitioning through the trigger box quickly, the open and close animations of the hangar will reset causing the door to snap open quickly. We are actively looking for a solution to this.
Stay in the loop!
Stay in the loop with news on future projects and updates, get product support, or just come say hello on our Discord! You can also find Emerald Scenery Design on the following social media platforms: