Hawaii Seaplane Bases & Port Allen Airport (PHPA), Hawaii
This is a collection of historic seaplane bases in the Hawaiian Islands as well as the small Port Allen Airport. Currently, only the Hanapepe Bay seaplane base is included, but two more are in development.
Port Allen (PHPA)
Small airport on the southern coast of Kauai in the far western Hawaiian Islands. There is a helicopter sightseeing base here as well as powered hanggliders. To the northwest of the field is Salt Pond Beach Park, with a lagoon beach and a lot of palm trees!
Hanapepe Bay (PHPB)
A historic seaplane base located in the bay just east of Port Allen. Features a large jetty, pier and marina.
Work In Progress (version 0.7)
In addition to the two upcoming seaplane bases, many updates are planned for the Port Allen and Hanapepe Bay surroundings.
- When you unzip the downloaded file, you will have a folder containing TWO addon folders.
- If you are using Addons Linker, you can simply copy that folder into the place you store your addons.
- If you are manually installing addons, you need to copy both addon folders into your packages/community directory.
- There is a payware version of Port Allen, including scenery for Hanapepe Bay, which has some nicely modeled buildings and details, but has a number of inaccuracies. I decided to include Port Allen in my addon since it is so close to Hanapepe Bay and use default buildings and other objects.
- The marina in Hanapepe Bay includes default boats. If you would like to see a larger more varied collection of boats, you should install the FREE Vessels Core library, available in the in-sim Market Place. It is NOT required, but will make the marina more interesting.