With recent changes to World Update 6 (and perhaps global warming leading to rise in sea levels 😁), water levels have seemingly risen throughout the game, leaving many previously visible features now underwater. (SU5 did exhibit some of the same issues, but not to the extent seen in World Update 6.) This mod applies exclusion polygons to areas covered in water and erroneously rendered trees, in order to uncover them.
I initially created this for my own use, but thought I’d share for those who care.
This mod fixes the following issues to the default scenery located in Orange County, California, USA:
V1.0 Release Notes:
- Restores visibility to Newport Pier, Balboa Pier, and Huntington Beach Pier. Also removes random trees appearing on pier.
- Restores the jetties around Newport Beach
- Fixes issues of various roads and bridges appearing underwater along the Santa Ana River, San Diego Creek, Peters Canyon Trail, Balboa Peninsula, Lower Newport Bay, Newport Blvd, Lido Bridge
- Restores visibility of boats and boat docks along Newport Bay, Lido, Balboa Peninsula and Coves, Corona Del Mar Bend
- Removes phantom visible water in Irvine and Orchard Hills (incorrectly rendered as rivers or reservoirs which are actually dry)
- Restores Tide Pools and rock formations around Little Corona Del Mar Beach
V1.1 Release Notes:
- As the Santa Ana River bed is mostly dry, I’ve removed the water along the river starting from Green River (Corona) all the way down to Costa Mesa
- Uncovered more boats along the Newport Channel and West Lido Channel
- Fixed shoreline of Irvine Lake to fit current water situation (2020-2021)
- Fixed shoreline of Peters Canyon reservoir to fit current water situation
- Removed incorrectly rendered river in Lake Forest
- Uncovered more rocks and tidepools along Crystal Cove, Abalone Point, Emerald Point, Crescent Bay, Twin Points, Divers Cove, Heisler Park Beach in Laguna
V1.2 Release Notes:
- Seal Beach Pier and San Clemente Pier now visible
- fixed water lines in Bolsa Chica Basin, and channel into Bolsa Chica
- Huntington Harbor - roads and waterline fixed
- Santiago Creek Recharge Basin shoreline update
- Woodbridge lakes - shoreline updated
- Newport dunes cleanup
- San Gabriel river adjacent to Seal Beach
- Dana Point Harbor - boats and docks now visible
V1.3 Release Notes:
- Renamed modelLib.bgl and scenery folders to help prevent conflicts
- Removed more random water in Irvine, cleaned up in Newport Bay
- See if you can spot a whale or two off of Dana Point! (hint – find the boats, then look south of them)
To install, simply place a copy of the folder “ocwaterfix” into your community folder.
See also Water fix - San Diego County, California, USA (sdwaterfix and sdwaterfixoptional) for San Diego County, CA, USA area.
See also Water fix - Los Angeles County, California, USA (lawaterfix) for Los Angeles County, CA, USA area.